Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Summer loss

On the bodybuilding side, it was more like a body shaping side... I lost almost 6 kg from the winter's peak.
I managed to get under 70 kg for the first time in the last 10 years. How? Carb cycling all the way.
The truth be told, I lost some power too, from the max I was at 79 kg, but this is to be expected.

The best part of the story is that I feel better, my usual aches (inguinal hernia, spondylosis and SCI) are just in the background, I can keep them under control easier, so the quality of life has improved.

My workouts are about 1 hour now, going with a 6 weeks cycle, intense and powerful. And yes, the DOMS are killing me, the age takes its toll, I recuperate slower than before but I still can kick some ass :)

As a side story, I was in a team building "holiday" with the company... and what do you know... I was the oldest guy around and still managed to get the best time in an obstacle course... I mean, WTF, there were guys 15 years younger than me there ...

Conclusion, I have to work for it. Further, harder, smarter.
Oh, and as I said, carb cycling rocks.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are allowed as long as they touch the post in question and they do no contain any spam or crap.